Matcha dessert always resulted in traction on my instagram. The reason is simple. As there are many people who love Matcha. I am one of them. I could never resist a Matcha dessert especially when it is right in front of me. Here is our version of Match Mousse Cake, tried and tested. The result is mouthwatering.
Sponge cake base
3 eggs (separate the yolk and white)
25g vegetable oil
1 tbsp matcha powder
60g cake flour (sifted)
A pinch of salt
1. Combine the matcha powder and milk together. Ensure no lumps in the mixture
2. Whisk the egg yolk and sugar together.
3. Add in the vegetable oil follow by the matcha powder.
4. Fold in the cake flour
5. Pour the mixture into a thin baking pan. Lie the pan with parchment paper.
6. Bake 180 degree, 15mins
7. Remove the cake from the tin. At the same time remove the parchment paper.
8. Leave the cake to cool on a cooling rack.
175g heavy cream
100g mascarpone Warm up the milk and add in the 12g of gelatine. Ensure the gelatine is dissolved
1. Warm up the milk and add in the 12g of gelatine. Ensure the gelatine is dissolved
2. Whisk the cream till soft peak
3. Cream the mascarpone and sugar together. Add in the gelatine milk mixture.
4. Gently fold in the whipped cream
5. Prepare 5 bowls
1 tsp matcha powder + 60g mascarpone mixture
3/4 tsp matcha powder + 80g mascarpone mixture
1/2 tsp matcha powder + 100g mascarpone mixture
1/4 tsp matcha powder + 100g mascarpone mixture
120g plain mascarpone mixture
6. Use a Mousee round tin to cut the sponge base.
7. Pour the mixture in starting from the plain one to the darkest one.
8. Chill for at least 4hrs before removing the tin