It is common to find Earl Grey Lavender, instead, we decided to give is a spin and we baked Earl Grey Lychee Cake.
Earl Grey Cake – Ingredients
250gram unsalted butter, soft
250gram self-raising flour
20gram earl grey tea leaves – pound finely (TWG tea leaves used) can use any brand that you like
3 tablespoon earl grey milk tea (30gram tea leaves + 120ml milk brew them together till fragrant)
Balance milk tea to be used for the butter cream frosting
1 can of lychee
1. Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy
2. Add in the finely pounded earl grey tea leaves
3. Add in the eggs one at the time until each egg
4. Fold in the flour
5. Finally add in the milk tea
6. Preheat the oven at 170degree bake for 20-25mins
7. Cool the cake and ready to decorate the cake.
8. Add the lychees and buttercream in between the layer.
9. Rest of the buttercream to spread outside the cake. Decorate with lychee.
Buttercream – Ingredients
200gram unsalted butter
320g Icing sugar
3-4 tablespoon Milk tea
1. Cream the butter till pale and fluffy
2. Add in the icing sugar in 2 batches
3. Lastly add in 3-4 tablespoon of milk ready
4. Set aside ready to use