Mala Hotpot Restaurant sprouted up one after another. And we love the Mala Hotpot. My virgin attempt was at Chongqing a decade ago and I love it since then. We have tried a handful of hotpot before trying Li Xiang Lan Hotpot 李香蓝重庆火锅 on the last day of September 2018.
The facade and interior has the traditional Oriental theme. Red is the dominating colour. To soften the touch, blue was added.
For Soup Base, choose from Pork Bone, Tomato, Laksa, Mushroom or the classic Sichuan Mala Soup. Diner has the option to add the Ice-Herb Tea Soup Enhancer consisting of 72 nourishing herbs frozen. The frozen blend slowly drips into the soup base from the Bamboo drip container located at the centre of the hotpot.
Beginning with meat, Spanish Black Pork and American Wagyu Beef are the highly recommended. We love the beef more than the pork.
Seafood such as Prawns, Mussels, Fish fillet and clams are highly favoured too. Don’t forget to order the bouncy Prawn Paste. We love these.
For all hotpot, never miss out on the Beancurd Skin.
An array of vegetables and potato cum melon.
Seaweed in Mala soup is also a crowd favourtie.
Finishing up the meal with Pumpkin Cake (filled with red bean paste).
You can make your reservation for Li Xiang Lan Hotpot at Quandoo.
Li Xiang Lan Hotpot 李香蓝重庆火锅 is yet another hot pot restaurant which we love. We will return with more friends the next round.
Li Xiang Lan Hotpot 李香蓝重庆火锅
46 Smith Street, Singapore 058955
Tel: +65 3158 8361
Daily 1130 to 0430
- Northeast line or Downtown line – Chinatown station; or East West line – Outram Park station
- New Bridge Road bus stop 2, 12, 33, 54, 63, 80, 124, 143, 147, 190, 851, 961, 970, CT8, CT18, CT28
- South Bridge Road bus stop 61, 80, 145, 166, 197
- Eu Tong Seng bus stop, outside People’s Park Complex 2, 12, 33, 61, 63, 143, 197, 961, 970, CT8, CT18, CT28
- Eu Tong Seng, outside People’s Park Center 54, 124, 145, 147, 166, 190, 851
*Disclaimer: This was a media invite.