We are familiar with the big name of Nasi Leak such as Punggol Nasi Lemak, Chong Pang Nasi Leak or even Boon Lay, each has a fan group. Recently, we tried Village Nasi Lemak Bar at Circular Road which down the road is where you find Hitsuji Club.
Facade was with a leafy green signage background and red words, while interior was funky with bar vibes ambience. It was refreshing to see how the humble local food transformed and upgraded.
These days, at many eateries, self-service is the key. Mainly due to manpower crunch. At the door are 2 huge touch-screen monitor for customers to place their order. Cashless payment is the preferred method nowadays, hence out of the 2, only one accept cash.
Select by touching the various categories and scroll to find the item within the selection.
With the name Village Nasi Lemak, I am sure, you will guess that Nasi Lemak is the highlight.
And that’s true. Offering both the Crispy Chicken Drumstick and Chicken Wings with tumeric flavour on the crispy batter was tasty.
Grainy rice was infused with coconut milk though subtle, we could savour the aroma. The Sambal and the Ikan Bilis cum peanuts were equally tasty.
Instead of serving the usual omelette or sunny side-up, at Village Nasi Lemak, what they have on the menu is truffle soft-boiled egg. All things truffle taste better.
Since it is a bar as well, serving alcohol with complementing bar grub is fitting. A crowd favourite, Salted Egg Chicken Wing. The salted egg lava sauce was solely savoury. However, the sauce inevitably turned the crispy batter soggy and might be too briny for some.
Calamari was bland, with hardly much seasoning except for the chargrill flavour which some might find it bitter. The sambal chilli was the saving grace.
Lastly was the Nasi Lemak Roll, which I will skip totally. As the overall taste was sweetish.
We love the subtle fragrance grainy coconut infused rice. Together with the crispy chicken marinated in tumeric and other seasoning was an excellent combination.
Village Nasi Lemak Bar
57 Circular Rd, Singapore 049412
Tel: +65 6443 0400
Mondays – Thursday 1000 to 2200 | Fridays 1000 to 0000 | Saturdays 1200 to 2100 | Closed on Sundays
- North-South line or East-West line – Raffles Place station
- North East line – Clarke Quay
- Prudential Tower along Cecil Street 57, 131, 167, 700, 971
- Opp AIA Tower along Robinson Road 10, 10e, 70, 75, 100, 107, 128, 130, 162, 196, 196e
- OCBC Centre along Church Street 186 , 970
- OUE Bayfront along Shenton Way 10, 10e, 57, 70, 75, 100, 107, 128, 130, 131, 162, 167, 196, 196e, 700, 971E
- Clarke Quay Station along Eu Tong Sen Street 2, 12, 33, 51, 54, 61, 63, 80, 124, 145, 147, 166, 174, 190, 197, 851, 961
- Opp Clarke Quay Station along New Bridge Road 2, 12, 33, 54, 147, 190
- Boat Quay along South Bridge Road 51, 61, 63, 80, 124, 145, 166, 174, 197, 851, 961