Built out of transparent glass structure at CHIJMES is home to The Glasshouse Specialty Coffee & Toast Bar. Indeed, it does remind one the image of a typical glasshouse. Though it doesn’t looks glamorous on the facade, however, the interior is all out to mesmerized cafe-hoppers. We are sure this is the next hype.
Enclosed with glass trap heat, I was glad that the air-conditioning at The Glasshouse was strong to fill it with cold air.
Interior was modern and sleek with lots of greens and natural light. Every inch and even the corner was turned into a instagramable-worthy spot. Another bonus was that the cafe offers free Wifi.
Menu at The Glasshouse Specialty Coffee & Toast Bar was limited to coffee, tea, toasts and pastries from Carpenter & Cook.
At The Glasshouse Specialty Coffee & Toast Bar, the coffee beans will differ from time to time. So if you love a certain beans, it might be gone when you return for more. On the contrast, it provides opportunities for adventurous diners to explore.
On my visit, I have Cappuccino ($4). I didn’t ask what beans it was but I quite enjoy as it was of medium acidity and body with a little nuttiness. Easy on the palate.
Lemon Drizzle ($5) has a dense texture similiar to the butter cake and it was fluffy too. The tanginess from the frosting help to reduce the cloying feel, in addition, provide a refreshing feel.
Toasts are also available. I got the Avocado and Dukkah Toast ($7). The plain tasting toast was flavoured with spice. I thought this was brilliant. 2 other Toasts were also on the menu, Salmon ($8) and Butter and Nuts ($4.50)
I love the ambience at The Glasshouse Specialty Coffee & Toast Bar. If they could have more selection of food, in particular pastries and if they could add some cold press juice to the menu, it might be more appealing to group of cafe-hoppers who prefer healthier choices.
The Glasshouse Specialty Coffee & Toast Bar
30 Victoria Street #01-K11 CHIJMES, Singapore 187996
Tel: +65 9793 0234
Mondays – Fridays 0730 to 1700 | Saturdays – Sundays 0830 to 1800
- East-West line or North East line – City Hall station
- Circle line – Bras Basah station
- Cathedral of Good Shepherd along Victoria Street 130, 133, 145, 197, 851, 960
- After CHIJMES along Victoria Street 2, 12, 33, 147, 190
- NTUC Income along Bras Basah Road 7, 14, 14e, 16, 36, 77, 106, 111, 131, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 175, 502, 518, 700, 700A, 857
- Hotel Grand Pacific along Victoria Street 2, 7, 12, 32, 33, 51, 61, 63, 80
- Stamford Centre along Hill Street 124,147, 166, 174, 174e, 190
- Capitol Building along Stamford Road 7, 14, 16, 36, 77, 106, 111, 131, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 175, 700, 700A, 857, 971E
- St Andrew Cathedral along North Bridge Road 61, 124, 145, 166, 174, 197
- Opp Penisular Centre along North Bridge Road 32, 51, 63, 80, 195, 851, 961