When I first hear about OUE Social Kitchen at the OUE Downtown Gallery, I thought it is another cooking school like Palate Sensation and CulinaryOn. It turned out to be a communal space of kitchen and dinning space. Still not getting it? Read on to find out.
Arriving at the gorgeously decked with state-of-the-art kitchen equipment OUE Social Kitchen, we were mesmerized. We fell in love especially with the range of SMEG kitchen appliances.
As we entered, we were greeted by a plain looking bar counter. This is where you can order and pay for your drinks. The drink list was simple with Red and White Housepour, Beer and some soda drinks.
OUE Social Kitchen offers a total of 8 cooking stations. 2 of which are for Halal cooking, the entire section located at the far end is separated from the rest of the 6 cooking stations to ensure even the appliances and cooking ware are Halal compliance. The Halal dinning section is also allocated in the same area. I thought this was considerate and well-thought.
Besides an array of Kitchen appliances, assorted seasoning and cutlery and utensil are available too. The best part of the service is that you DON’T have to clear your mess after cooking. This means you are scot-free from washing up. Yeah!!!
Furthermore, they have chefs around to assist, if needed.
In addition to the cooking stations and dinning area, there are 2 VIP rooms for booking to hold private events too.
So how does it work?
One could book a cooking station with OUE Social Kitchen via the app for $48 per hour or $108 per hour for the VIP rooms. You could then bring your ingredients to cook a storm with your guests. And finally, you are free to enjoy your fruit of labour at the dinning space.
Steps to book
- Download the Downtown Gallery app
- Click on OUE Social Kitchen
- Key in the promo code OUESK111 to enjoy $10 off.
We have the opportunity to try out their service below was our recipe.
Eggless Tiramisu Recipe
Serves 10 to 12 persons
500ml Whipping Cream
500gm Mascarpone Cheese
750ml Espresso or very strong coffee
32-34pcs Italian Ladyfingers Biscuit
5 tbsp (50gm) Cocoa Powder
135ml Coffee Liquer (Kahlua or Marsala) Optional
1. Beat the whipping cream until stiff (peaks form) in a table top mixer and set aside
2. Mix the mascarpone and sugar until combine. Then fold in the whipped cream.
3. Stir the coffee and liquer together and dip each ladyfinger biscuit into the coffee mixture. [Do not soak as it get soggy.]
4. Line dish with the ladyfinger biscuit. Followed by spread half of the cream mixture over the Italian Lady finger biscuit.
- Repeat with laying of Lady Fingers and spread cream mixture.
6. Chill it for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
7. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
Here is our Eggless Tiramisu.
Though it was without egg, it tasted as good. We have 2 servings each and it was so delicious till we wanted to bring home too.
Our thoughts about OUE Social Kitchen. Awesome is surely the word to describe the experience since after the cooking, we need not wash up. This is a dream come true for many of us.
OUE Social Kitchen
6A Shenton Way, Downtown Gallery #03-02/03, Singapore 068815
Daily 1000 to 2200
- East West line – Tanjong Pagar station (Exit B)
- UIC Building along Shenton Way 10, 10e, 57, 70, 75, 97, 97e, 100, 106, 107, 128, 130, 131, 133, 162, 167, 186, 196, 196e, 400, 402, 700, 850E, 951E, 970, 971E, 982E
- Aft Capital Tower along Robinson Road 10, 10e, 70, 75, 97, 97e, 100, 106, 107, 128, 130, 133, 162, 196, 196e, 850E, 868, 951E, 982E
- International Plaza along Anson Road 57, 131, 167, 186, 400, 402, 970, 971E