Shimbashi Soba specialises in Soba noodle and there are 2 outlets in Singapore. One at Great World City, the other at Paragon. I only patronise their latter outlet. This particular outlet has been around at the same unit at the basement of Paragon for quite a number of years.
They pride themselves in making the Soba daily fresh. At this very outlet, there is a open concept workspace for shoppers to view the soba in making by the chef.
The decoration has they typical Japanese restaurant look using the rice paper on the world and mainly wooden chairs and tables.
Instead of having Soba alone, that is boring. We ordered the Adedashi Tofu ($7.80) for sharing. I am not a Tofu fan unless it is extremely tasty, otherwise, I hardly enjoy. This is the same case for this tofu dish.
With the many condiments such as natto beans, seaweed and chilli, it flavoured up the Nebaneba Healthy Soba ($17.80). It is not only healthy but tasty too.
Tempura Seiro ($21.30) is a simple delight. With only Soba and a soya like dip. Hence, the diners could enjoy the full natural flavour of the freshly made soba. A ptiy the tempura batter is a little too dense.
At Shimbashi Soba, there isn’t much dessert offered. One of which is the Matcha Cream Anmitsu ($9.80). It was disappointing. Consisting of only canned fruits with light flavoured Matcha ice cream. Overall it is too sweet.
I would skip the dessert at Shimbashi Soba and focus only on their Soba dishes.
290 Orchard Road, #B1-41, Paragon,Singapore 238859
Tel: +65-6735 9882
Sundays – Fridays 1130 to 2200 (Last order 2130) | Saturdays 1030 to 2200 (Last order 2130)
- North-South line – Orchard or Somerset station
- Opp Ngee Ann City along Orchard Boulevard 14, 14e, 124, 128, 143, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 190, 700, 700A
- National Youth Council along Grange Road 7, 14, 16, 36, 65, 77, 106, 111, 123, 174, 174e, 175, 971E
- Lucky Plaza along Orchard Road 7, 14, 14e, 16, 65, 106, 111, 123, 175, 502, 502A
- Opp Mandarin Orchard along Orchard Road 36, 77, 124, 128, 143, 162, 162M, 171, 174, 174e, 190, 518, 700, 700A, 971E