When I first heard of Breathya, I was puzzled of what services could it be offering. Since it prided themselves as a Drugless Pespiratory Care Centre.
The owner of Breathya who was asthmatic experience Halotherapy in Europe and was cured of his chronic illness. Hence he is a firm believer of this alternative treatment since it was drugless.
Halotherapy is suitable for all ages, both adult and children who are suffering from conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, allergies, cold/flu, ear infections, eczema, psoriasis, sinus, smoker’s cough, stress, fatigue, amongst many others. Alternatively, it could be for relieving stress.
Halotherapy is a 100% natural, drugless and risk-free therapy treatment. There are 2 treatment rooms at Breathya; each is covered with salt. During the session, the micro particle salt is dispered in the room throughout the salt and recipients are to breath them in. These high concentrated negative ion salt will neutralise the harmful positive ions that are present in our airway and skin. The result of the treatment was relaxing and one will feel that the mucus in the airway were cleared. Adult will receive 60 minutes session while children will be doing 45 minutes of Halotherapy.
Apparently, multiple research in Europe were conducted to confirm the efficiency and effectiveness and the result was promising. It was shown that improvement rate was 75% for severe asthma cases, 85% for mild & moderate asthma cases and 97% for Chronic bronchitis & bronchiectasis cases. This result was published in Journal of Aerosol Medicine, 1955.
In a nutshell, the benefits in a glance are
- Anti bacterial & Anti inflammatory
- Loosens & clears mucus from the airways removing airflow obstructions
- Reduces bronchial hyper responsiveness
- Improves lung function
- Reduces immune system sensitivity
- Increases resistance to respiratory tract diseases
- Improves microcirculation of skin
- Restores pH value of the skin
- Helps clear catrrh & congestion of the sinuses.
The therapy is not suitable for thsoe who have high blood pressure, Cancer, Kidney diseases, Severe Cardiac diseases, Tuberculosis, Hyperthyrodism, Cirrhosis and when individual having infections that are accompained by fever. And do remember to wear white or light coloured clothing for the therapy as after the therapy, one will be covered in a layer of white powder.
Furthermore, extremely minute of salt is absorbed into the body during treatment. Finally, in order to gain maximum benefits from Halotherapy, one isn’t enough.
For those who loves to try Breathya, here is a great news, quote BRMichelle15 for 15% discount.
Experiencing a session of Halotherapy at Breathya personally and I thought it was pretty relaxing after the session. One will lay or sit comfortably on an inclined chair in a dim room with soothing music and inhaling salt.
Personally, I would prefer if Breathya could offer customer a robe to change so that our clothing won’t be stained with salt. In addition, if bathing facilities offered that would be perfect. Though one won’t feel sticky right after the session but once getting into the sun, this may not be the case soon.
1 Marine Parade Central #03-09 Parkway Centre, Singapore 449408
Tel: +65 62065060 / 63230408
Tuesdays – Sundays 1000 to 2000
- Blk 43 along Marine Parade Road (Bus Stop 92049) 15, 31, 36, 43, 47, 48, 134, 135, 196, 196e, 197, 401, 853, 966
- Opp Parkway Parade along Marine Parade Road (Bus Stop 92041) 15, 31, 36, 43, 48, 134, 135, 196, 196e, 197, 853, 966
- Opp Roxy Square along East Coast Road (Bus Stop 92111) 10, 10e, 12, 14, 14e, 32, 40, 47
- Roxy Square along East Coast Road (Bus Stop 92119) 10, 10e, 12, 14, 14e, 32, 40
*Disclaimer: This was a media invite.