I love the Salted Egg Yolk and it is one of the most versatile ingredients that I know. It can be used in Savoury dishes or Desserts. It is almost to the extend of it tastes good with every ingredients. With the love of Salted Egg Yolk, I learned to bake the Salted Egg Yolk Cookies for 2017 Chinese New Year.
Should you be like be who have a great love for the Salted Egg Yolk, here is a convenience recipe for all. Even the amateur, an example, like myself can prepare and bake it. And be warned, it is seriously addictive. I couldn’t stop at one but till I am full. Try this Salted Egg Yolk Cookies Recipe with friends and have fun.
Salted Egg Yolk Cookies
Bakes approximately 40 cookies.
Approximate time needed is 2 hours.
For the Cookies
100 grams of salted butter, softened
40 grams of icing sugar
45 grams of salted egg yolk powder (or 4 salted egg yolk, steam for 5 minutes and mashed into bits)
10 grams of milk powder
60 grams of plain flour
70 grams of cornstarch
20 curry leaves, chopped
1 Egg yolk with a tbsp of water.
1. Preheat oven to 170C or 150C fan-forced.
2. Cream softened butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in salted egg yolk powder or mashed salted egg yolks.
4. Combine milk powder. Add in chopped curry leaves.
5. Fold or knead in plain flour and cornstarch well.
6. Roll out until 7 mm thickness and cut with cookie cutter.
7. Egg wash the surface.
8. Bake it in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.