Vatos Urban Tacos is CNN named “Hottest New Restaurant in Seoul” is here at the South Beach. I only managed to pay them a visit only when they are about to celebrate their one year anniversary.
Ambience is causual with a bar-like feel. As such, it is dim. Personally, I always prefer dinning in sufficient lighting if I have a choice.
We didn’t know that Complimentary Tortilla Chips was offered. A pity it doesn’t come with guacamole. Perfect is there is guacamole as ala carte order though don’t remember spotting it on the menu.
Hence, we ordered a Fresh Guacamole & Chips ($11). We love the chunky texture of the guacamole but we dislike the tons of onions in it.
Spicy Chicken Quesadillas ($17) is an item infused with Korean style and this is a recommendation at Vatos. On the tortilla wrap is a layer of baked parmesan cheese. We love this idea; perfect for cheese lovers.
Diners could order Tacos in 2 or 3. We opted 2 Braised Carnitas Taco ($10). Marinate on the pork was exactly what we enjoy though not the wrap. We find the wrap a little too doughy.
We like the concept of infusing Korean influence in the dishes offering a Vatos Urban Tacos interpretaion of Mexican food.
Vatos Urban Tacos
Tel: +65 6385 6010 or 6385 6970
Sundays to Thursdays 1200 to 2300 | Fridays to Saturdays 1200 to 0000
- Circle line – Esplanade (Exit E)
- North-South or East-West line – City Hall
- Opp or at Raffles Hotel along Beach Road 56, 57, 100, 107, 961
- At Raffles Hotel along Bras Basah Road 14, 14e, 16, 36, 77, 106, 111, 128, 130, 131, 133, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 502, 502A, 518, 518A, 700, 700A, 850E, 857, 951E, 960
- Opp or at Suntec City along Nicoll Highway 10, 10e, 70, 70M, 196