Tsukiji Sushi Takewaka is the largest wholesale fish and seafood market in the world. They have a history span across 30 years. With such as fantastic reputation, I was very curious to find out how the Sushi taste. As such, this is the second restaurant I visited at Japan Food Town.
It is with little surprise that it attracts long queue and especially true over the weekend. Tsukiji Sushi Takewaka occupied one of the bigger space in Japan Food Town.
The restaurant is deck in modern Zen interior design. Sushi Takewaka offers both bar counter seats and normal dinning tables. It doesn’t offer takeaway, purely for dining in only.
At Tsukiji Sushi Takewaka, it offers Edo-mae (Tokyo) style Sushi. Chirashi Don is also offered at the restaurant.
I ordered the Edomae Jo Nigiri ($24.10). When it was served, I thought it was quite a lot of food. There were 11 piece of Sushi and 1 maki. The sushi rice tasted as good as the natural rice flavour. I could savour the usual vinegar and rice wine that were mixed with the rice. The fish slices on the rice ball were relatively thin.
Flavourful Chawamushi was also served together with the miso soup.
And lastly, 5 dices of watermelon as dessert.
NAHMJ thought though the fish slices were thick, after all, the Sushi set was still value for money.
I am keen to re-visit for the Chirashi Don.
Tsukiji Sushi Takewaka
435 Orchard Road, #04-45, Wisma Atria, Singapore 238877
Tel: +65 6262 3247
Daily 1100 to 1500 (Last order 1400) , 1730 to 2200 (Last order 2100)
- North South line – Orchard station
- Tang Plaza along Orchard Road 36, 77, 124, 128, 143, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 174, 174e, 190, 518, 700, 700A
- Lucky Plaza along Orchard Road 7, 14, 14e, 16, 65, 106, 111, 123, 175, 502
- Orchard Station along Orchard Turn 14e, 124, 128, 143, 162, 162M, 167, 190, 700, 700A
- Opposite Orchard Station along Orchard Boulevard 7, 14, 16, 36, 65, 77, 106, 111, 123, 174, 174e, 175