I am not a soymilk drinker as I dislike the grassy taste that it has in it. As such when I was introduced to Bonsoy, I was like yuck! What? Soymilk? I was glad I tried despite my detest for the soymilk in general. There was a paradigm shift. I was surprise to find that the taste was completely different from those available in the market. The grassy taste was absence. Instead there was a sweetish taste profile similar to cow milk but an extremely light version which was yet refreshing.
Bonsoy is a non dairy organic soymilk which is lactose free with barley. The name comes from French and it means wonderful soybean. All the soyabeans used in making the product, Bonsoy, are whole and organically grown with non-genetically modified soybeans plant and are free from pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.
Bonsoy is pasteurized at 130°C to ensure that all bacteria are killed and also to remove trypsin protein inhibitor that cause indigestion. Uniquely in Bonsoy, it contains Job’s Tear (Pearl Barley) which is rich in calcium, phosphorus, iron and Vitamins B1 and B2. It is also anti-cancer (with Gemanium and Coixol) and aid in digestion, improve blood circulation, prevent myocardinal, atherosclerosis and high blood pressure.
This soymilk does not has additional refined sugar added to sweeten it, instead it is sweetened with the natural tapioca syrup. There is no artificial additives, preservatives, colours, chemicals, flavour, oils and kombu added.
There is a long list of health benefits that are attached with soybeans and soymilk. In case you are wondering how benefitting is the soymilk. Here are some.
- It has anti-oxidant effect from Saponin and vitamin E to slow the aging process and prevent arteriosclerosis.
- There is no cholesterol content and instead it helps to lower cholesterol due to the presence of soy protein, glycine and the peptides produced during digestion of the soybeans.
- Due to relatvie amount of lecithin and colin, collectively known as lin lipid, which will prevents hyperlipemia and controls the increase of lipid in the liver by burning excess body fat. Hence prevent fatty liver.
- More benefits such as strengthen bones and moderate menopausal disorder and may prevent both breast and prostate cancer by Isoflavones.
Nutrition Facts of Bonsoy (For serving size 200ml)
Energy: 482kJ, Protein: 8.2g, Total Fat: 4.4g (Saturated Fat: 0.6g, Trans Fat: 0g),
Cholesterol: 0mg, Total Carbohydrate: 11g (Sugars 4.4g), Sodium: 94mg, Potassium:
375mg, Calcium: 51mg.
Bonsoy is a very versatile product which can be used as a replacement of coconut milk and milk for those who are lactose intolerant. In case you are wondering how you could make use of the soymilk beside drinking it as it is. The most common way is to cook Laksa and Curry. Below is the recipe for the Laksa which I tried. It was so good till I have 2 helping.
Brown rice udon
Fresh glass prawn
For the gravy
Hiflo water (preferably)
Nature’s Glory Dashi powder
Nature’s Glory kombu powder
Preparing the Gravy
- Fry the laksa paste until fragrant
- Add Hiflo water and bonsoy in the same proportion (if you want thicker gravy, add
lesser water) and bring it to boil in moderate fire
- Add 1 tsp each of Nature’s Glory Dashi powder and kombu powder to enhance the taste
- Put in the Tau Pok and boil for 5mins. Turn off fire, set aside
Preparing to serve
- Boil the fresh prawn and de-shell.
- Boil the egg to hard-boiled egg, de-shell and slice them
- Cook the beansprout by boiling
- Slice the or shred the fish cake
- Chopped the laksa leaves
- Now prepare the brown rice udon by putting it into the boiling water and let it cook for 10 mins (do not overcook). Drain and rinse with cold water
- Finally, place the udon and all the prepared ingredients such as the prawn, egg, fish cake, beansprout and chopped laksa leaves. Then pour in piping hot Laksa gravy.
Now enjoy the bowl of freshly prepared Laksa cooked with Bonsoy.
About Nature’s Glory
Nature’s Glory started in 1991 with a philosophy that Man should be in harmony with Nature. As such, it offers a range of products that truly display this philosophy and to meet their objective.
What make Nature’s Glory unique? The team at Nature’s Glory carry out their own QA test to ensure the products meet the International Organic standards set by Japan, Europe, US and Australia. They air flown the fresh produce on a weekly basis, only top grade quality products were imported, the fresh produce are sourced only from Trusted farms, only Non-genetic modified products are on the shelves, lastly only no radiation Japan products were carried.
315 Outram Road #01-09 Tan Boon Liat Building, Singapore 169074
Tel: +65 6256 0104
Monday 0930 to 1430; Tuesday – Saturday 0930 to 1830; Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
- alight aft Furama RiverFront along Outram Road 5, 16, 75, 123, 175, 195, 970
- alight at Blk 28 along Zion Road 5, 16, 75, 123, 175, 195, 970
- North-East line – Outram Park station
- East-West line – Outram Park or Tiong Bahru station