When I entered Park Bench Deli at Telok Ayer, I was greeted by an empty space with kitchen at the far back and was dimly lighted, except for the kitchen area. I thought that the empty space was a pretty waste of space. Bar tables were by a side with hardly any chairs. Only park and no bench. I suppose it is mainly for grab and go.
A large menu could be spotted on the left after you step foot into Park Bench Deli.
Very limited offering at Park Bench Deli. 5 Sandwiches, 2 breakfast and 5 sides. I didn’t notice the price until I placed my order.
Park Bench Deli doesn’t serve hot drinks but a good variety of uncommon canned and bottled drinks.
A Torta sandwich ($15) and an Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey ($4.50) totalled to $19.50. I thought to myself, this was very expensive. Lucky, there isn’t additional GST and service charge.
The Torta Sandwich packed with pulled pork and some Guac, pickled onions & jalapeno, salsa and cotija to create another layer of flavour, sour, to whet the appetite. The sandwiches are nicely wrapped and sliced into halves for convenience of consumption.
The sandwich despite the size, doesn’t look huge was filling at least for me. And was a tasty one too.
There is no lack of food around Telok Ayer and yet Park Bench Deli has been drawing some crowd during lunch hours from those working around the area. No doublt, it was tasty and flavourful, but is it worth that price tag? Looks like it is from the crowd. I am not one who usually look at the price of the food but this round I feel the pinch somehow.
Park Bench Deli
179 Telok Ayer Street Singapore 068627
Tel: +65 6815 4600
Monday – Friday 0900 to 1500; Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays
- East-West line – Tanjong Pagar station
- Downtown line – Telok Ayer station
- alight at the bus stop opposite GB Building along Cecil Street 57, 131, 167, 186, 700, 970, 971E (nearest bus stop to Telok Ayer Road)
- alight at the bus stop after Capital Tower along Robinson Road 10, 10e, 70, 75, 97, 100, 107, 128, 130, 162, 196, 196e
- alight at the bust stop at UIC Building along Shenton Way 10, 10e, 57, 70, 75, 97, 97e, 100, 106, 107, 128, 130, 131, 162, 186, 196, 196e