Loaves Me is a cafe located at the basement of the Singapore Management University (SMU). If you come from the Bras Basah MRT, walked towards the entrance of SMU and very soon you will see Loaves Me on your left.
It does not have sophisticated design or decor like most hipster cafe. It is a simple looking cafe, very much like the foodcourt-style.
Loaves Me does have lots of items on its menu. From the drinks such as Coffee, different types of Tea and various types of drinks to food such as salad, rice, noodles, sandwiches, toasts and soup. And the star item in Loaves Me is the Shibuya Toast.
Shibuya Toast consist of a cube shaped bread with all sides lightly (I think) pan-fried, topped with various toppings or sauces and a scoop of ice cream. There are five different types of Shibuya Toast to choose from, depending on your preference of the flavour; the Hazel Banana, Salty Caramel, Cheesy, Strawberry Choco and Honey.
As all the Shibuya Toast look so good, I contemplated for quite a while, and I finally ordered the Shibuya Cheesy Toast at the counter.
I was given a number, waited and collected it at the other end of the counter when ready. It looks slightly different from the picture. It was served with a scoop of chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla. And it was definitely not the most presentable looking dessert, but that’s not important. So how’s the taste? The bread has a slight crispy side and a very soft and fluffy bread and with the maple syrup, cheese and the ice cream, it tasted so heavenly. I like such simple food.
Certainly, I am sure I will be craving for the Shibuya Toast. I will return to fix my craving.
70 Stamford Road B1-45 Singapore 178901
Tel: +65 9665 1631
Monday – Friday 0745 to 2100; Saturday – Sunday 1100 to 1900
- Circle line – Bras Basah station
- alight at SMU along Stamford Road 7, 14, 14e, 16, 36, 77, 106, 111, 124, 128, 131, 147, 162, 162M, 166, 167, 171, 174, 174e, 175, 190, 700, 700A, 857, 971E
- alight at Manulife Centre along Bras Basah Road 131, 147, 166, 857
- alight at Hotel Rendezvous 7, 14, 14e, 16, 36, 77, 106, 111, 124, 128, 162, 162M, 167, 171, 174, 174e, 175, 190, 502, 502A, 518, 518A, 700, 700A
- alight at Cathedral of The Good Shepherd along Victoria Street 130, 133, 145, 197, 851, 960
- alight aft CHIJMES along Victoria St 2, 12, 33, 147, 190
- alight at Hotel Grand Pacifica long Victoria Str 2, 7, 12, 32, 33, 51, 61, 63, 80, 175
- alight at Bras Basah Complex along Victoria St 2, 12, 33, 130, 133, 960