I enjoy walking in the markets. There are lots of unique merchandises in such markets. I visited a few of the popular markets in Sydney. The Rock Market, The Paddy Haymarket, Sydney Fish Market and The Paddington Market.
The Rocks Market
George St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia
Tel: +61 2 9240 8717
The Rocks Market: Saturday – Sunday 1000 to 1700 (Playfair Street, George Street, Jack Mundey Place)
The Rocks Foodie Market: Friday 1000 to 1500 (Jack Mundey Place)
I like The Rocks Market best. There are a good variety of items on sales. From clothes to painting to snack to dogs’ collar.
I bought a dog collar from The Rocks Market for my sister’s dog.
- Circular Quay station, walk towards the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- alight at George Street near Hickson Road – 311, 431, 433
- alight at Circular Quay Stand B: 422, 423, 426, 428
- alight at Circular Quay Stand C: 436, 438, 439, 440, 443, 470, 500, 501, 504, 506, 507, 510, 515, 518, 520, 555, L38, L39, M52
- alight at Circular Quay Stand D: 301, 302, 303, 309, 310, 323, 324, 325, 326, 373, 374, 376, 377, X73, X74, X77
- alight at Circular Quay Stand E: 333, 380, 389, 392, 394, 396, 397, 399, 890, L94, X94
- Alight at Circular Quay.
For more ways of getting to The Rocks Market, looked up at the Rocks Market webpage.
The Paddington Markets
395 Oxford St, Paddington, Sydney
Tel: +61 (02) 9331 2923
Saturday (only) From 1000
The stores set up in the Paddington Markets is mainly by the local designers and artiste.
There are a total of about 150 stores.
It will open its door to customers on every Saturday from 10am, rain or shine.
- alight at the first stop after Paddington Town Hall – 380, 333, 378 (blue and white)or M40 (red bus)
- alight at Paddington Shopping Centre on Oxford St – M40 from Chatswood
- alight in front of Max Brenners or Mitre 10 Hardware in Paddington Shopping Centre – 333, M40 or 380 from Bondi to the city
For more ways of getting to Paddington Market, you can visit Paddington Markets website on Transport to Paddington Markets
The Paddy’s Markets
Cnr Hay St & Thomas St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Tel: +61 1300 361 589
Haymarket: Wednesday – Sunday & Public Holidays 0900 to 1700; Closed on Monday and Tuesday
Sydney Market 2129: Friday 1030 to 1630; Saturday 0600 to 1400 (fresh food; Saturday 0600 to 1400 (Swap & Sell)
The Paddy’s Markets is a indoor market and it opens almost daily. It is make up of the Haymarket and the Sydney Market 2129.
It has quite a number of souvenirs stores and lots of other stores selling different items from Korean accessories items to clothes.
Sydney Market 2129
- Alight at Flemington Rail Station, about 3 minute walk from the station
- 408 from Burwood to Flemington rail station, about 3 minute walk to the market
- Alight at either Town Hall or Central Stations, about 5 minutes walk
- Sydney Explorer stops right outside market
By Light Rail:
- Alight at Haymarket and the market is on the right
Sydney’s Fish Market
Pyrmont Bridge Rd, Pyrmont NSW 2009, Australia
Tel: +61 2 9004 1100
Daily 0700 to 1600 except on Christmas day. Check for the opening hours at SFM webpage for the exception.
For all who like Seafood, a visit to the Sydney’s Fish Market (SFM) is a must.
Sydney’s Fish Market offers fresh seafood both cooked and raw for public to purchase. You can buy your food and eat at SFM or you can choose to take away.
- Alight at Harris Street and Pyrmont Bridge Road – 443, 501
By Light Rail:
- Alight at Fish Market station
By Community Bus:
- Free bus offered by South East Sydney Community Transport (SESCT) on Thursdays and Fridays, stops at Sydney Fish Market.
For more information, visit the Sydney Fish Market on how to get to SFM here.